Where I’m at: Still in Arlington, VA-Wash DC area
What I’m doing: trying to wrap my head around French (jk: celebrating Reggie Bush losing his Heisman and the Reds having their first winning season in a decade)
Why I’m posting: to prove I’m still alive!
Well folks, a lot has happened in the world in the last couple weeks, and apparently, I haven’t had anything to say about it. In fact, it’s been a pretty poor showing on this blog recently. No pics. No rants. No poems. No digressions. No French. No contact. For those that have continued to check my blog in my apparent (though not actual) absence, thank you.
As amends, I offer this short summary on some of the major events that have taken place and my stance on them. Also, I’m including a slide show with pictures from our buddies’ Mike and Michelle’s wedding, as well as some pictures of Colleen’s and my Labor Day weekend, which we spent outside – doing among other things – biking up to Great Falls and running into an old friend. I’ll get on this thing more soon, I promise. Just as soon as I master French (i.e. check back in a couple years).
– World Affairs: happy we’re down to peacekeepers in Iraq; infuriated by the “peacekeepers” (re: rapists) in the DRC; thrilled that at least one American hostage was freed from Iran; sickened by the treatment of the Roma people in France and Italy; cautiously optimistic about the next 50 years for independent African nations; proud of America; proud of good Americans; more ashamed than ever of hate-filled Americans (who, btw, put the lives of those of us who serve abroad in danger)
– Sports: Go GO Reds!; the NFL is back…thank God; ND will soon win another football championship…because every other school will soon be on probation; Jeter = cheater (but God bless him); the “Togolese soccer team” against Bahrain = brilliant and hilarious (and probably mob-organized)
– Family: I love my family
– Friends: all getting/gotten married/pregnant; I love them all
– Recommendations: Movie- La Scaphandre and Le Papillion (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly); Book- The Little Prince (just re-reading…this time in French!); Meal- good andouille anywhere, anyhow (keep supporting NOLA); Band- Florence and the Machines
– Quote: “Be excellent to each other.” (Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure)